The Alton Line Users' Association was founded in 1974 to promote the interests of passengers using Alton, Bentley, Farnham, Aldershot and Ash Vale stations.
The current annual membership fee is just £4, payable by Standing Order (preferred) or by cheque/Postal Order made payable to 'Alton Line Users Association'.
Click to download a membership form (PDF format).
The form includes the required standing order mandate for your Bank,
Please complete the form and send, with payment, to: Barry Jones, 96 Somerset Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 6DS.
- A reliable and punctual train service.
- The provision of well maintained rolling stock.
- Full, audible and timely information on services, delays and fares.
- The provision of a half-hourly service to Alton and Bentley throughout the working day and the restoration of journey times and the stopping pattern between Alton and Waterloo to that which was timetabled pre-December 2004.
- Better waiting accommodation, parking and security at stations.
- Co-ordination of bus and train timetables to minimise the need to drive to and from your station.
ALUA has an active committee that meets regularly to co-ordinate the activities of ALUA.
The Committee is made up of commuters and other users and we aim for each station on the line to be represented by at least one Committee member.
We are looking for a new committee member to represent Bentley, as Brian Thomas has now stepped down after many years.
- David Jones - Chairman
- Barry Jones - Treasurer
- John Eddleston- Secretary
- Chris Campbell - Alton
- Paul Barber - Alton
- Diane McKay - Alton
- Graham Titterington - Alton
- James Stock - Bentley
- Simon Parton - Farnham
- Jonathan Riddell - Farnham
- Mike Roberts - Aldershot
- Daniel Hill - Website & Social Media
For more information about ALUA, please contact the secretary.